Home Page

School Football Updates

Saturday 28th September

The Year 5/6 school football team took part in their first tournament outing of the season today at Robert Ferguson Primary school in Carlisle. The September sunshine helped to produce a great turn out for the event and the boys gave a great account of themselves. 
Having been drawn in a tricky group with the host school, Scotby, Kingmoor and Inglewood the boys faced a tough test. They got off to a great start with a 1-0 victory over Inglewood and followed it up with a hard fought draw with Robert Ferguson. The defensive resilience of Toby Emerson, Alex McCabe, Jack Mitchelson and Matt Blenkinsopp was excellent and some great saves from goalkeeper Luke Tuddenham were vital in securing the team’s opening points. 
In the third game against Kingmoor,  some super finishing and link up play between DJ Taylor and Ewan Charlton helped the boys to an impressive 2-1 victory. Harry Dickson showed great tenacity in midfield throughout and Liam Dick worked hard to provide the link between defence and attack.
Things looked good going in to our final game against local rivals Scotby.  Victory would almost certainly secure a spot in the semi-finals. After a closely fought first half, Scotby eventually took the lead and quickly added a second. Unfortunately the boys could not recover the deficit and our fate lay in the hands of other results. Sadly those results did not work in our favour and despite finishing second in the group, we just missed out on the semi-finals. 
The lads can take great heart from their performances and we look forward to doing it all again next Saturday morning at William Howard where we will be looking to add our fourth consecutive victory in the large schools competition.  No pressure boys!
Thanks to all who turned out in support.

Saturday 5th October

The school football team enjoyed their second outing of the season at the William Howard six a side tournament recently. Having won the large schools’ tournament for the last three years, the pressure was on the team to add to that tally.
During the group stages, we enjoyed victories over Warwick Bridge B, Longtown A and both Hayton sides.  The boys and girls demonstrated some super interlinking passing and fine finishing to put themselves in a strong position despite drawing with Longtown and losing to Scotby and Warwick Bridge A. Some excellent finishing from Georgia Earl (the newest edition to the squad) also helped to improve out goal difference as we entered the later stages of the tournament.
After a nervous wait to discover our final group position, we eventually learned that we had finished second behind Scotby. This meant we had drawn Longtown A in our semi-final. It was a nail-biting game which could have gone either way. Longtown took a lead half way through the game which was ultimately enough to secure their place in the final, despite some sustained pressure in the late stages of the game.    
Once again the boys and girls who were involved performed gallantly and were unlucky not to make the final once again. Scotby were the eventual winners and we look forward to pitting our wits against them again at the indoor 5-a-side tournament in January at the Sands Centre.
Well done to all those involved and thank you to all those who came to support.

Nursery – Mrs Harper & Mrs Bareham
1 2 9 9 6 0 Visitors