Since 2013, the government has provided additional funding each academic year to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding - provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport - will be allocated to primary school Head teachers. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools. Brampton Primary School has 199 pupils eligible for funding this year.
At Brampton Primary School, we recognise the contribution of P.E. to the health and well-being of our children. We believe that an innovative, varied P.E. curriculum along with our varied extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all our children.
Our funding enables us to continue to enhance our provision through…
- Hiring specialist coaches/P.E. professionals to work alongside our teachers during lessons.
- Hiring professional coaches to deliver after school clubs for our children.
- Providing release cover for the P.E. subject leader to attend ACPEN meetings, to monitor the current standards of teaching and to support staff in their own development.
- Buying interesting and exciting resources for our children to use during lessons, at break times and in after school clubs.
- Working alongside our Brampton Schools to increase the number of sports leagues/competitions across the year for our children to take part in.
- To pay for transport needed to get to sports events.
The documents below outline how we have spent our sports funding and the impact it has had on the children of Brampton Primary School.