Planting seeds and a bean diary
i) Identify and name a variety of common wild and garden plants, including deciduous and evergreen trees.
ii) Identify and describe the basic structure of a variety of common flowering plants, including trees.
- Ask simple questions and recognise that they can be answered in different ways.
- Observe closely, using simple equipment.
- Perform simple tests.
- Identify and classify.
- Use their observations and ideas to suggest answers to questions.
- Gather and record data to help answer questions.
You Will Need
- Different gardens resource
- How to grow a bean in a bag
- My bean in a bag diary
Planning and Activities
- Share knowledge about gardens and gardeners.
- Plant a bean in a bag.
- Predict the outcomes of the bean and seeds and set up a diary to observe the growth over time.
- Consider what seeds need in order to be able to grow and how you can keep seeds healthy.
- Understand what a garden is and how varied they are.
- Plant a bean seed in a bag and consider what seeds need to be able to grow.
- Predict the outcomes of the bean seeds and set up a diary to observe the growth over time.
Investigation - observing over time
Plant a bean in a jar and seeds in a bag and keep them.
Plant, leaf, grow, weed, change, living, water, healthy, different, seeds, garden centre